Chapter Management Resources
FCCLA State Peer Officer Team Adviser Opening
Nebraska FCCLA has an opening for a Chapter Adviser to serve as an adviser to the State Peer Officer – Career Leader Team. We are seeking an adviser that is looking for personal growth as well as a new experience working with amazing leaders in Nebraska FCCLA!
Some of the responsibilities of this role would include:
- Ensure that activities of the SPOT reflect youth-centered leadership
- Facilitate the selection process at the State Leadership Conference, including related correspondence to current team and prospective applicants, schedule interviews, etc.
- Train newly elected team by attending a required meeting in June (usually in Kearney)
- Support any activities of SPOT during NLC, FLW, the Peer Education Conference and SLC
- Work in coordination with local chapter advisers of team members to help them serve as effective resource people for their team members
- Coordinate with all other SPOT Team Advisers and officer teams for the annual Peer Education Conference and related meetings
- Serve a two-year term on the Nebraska FCCLA Board of Directors according to the established schedule
- Serve a two-year term as Lead SPOT Adviser according to the established schedule
Peer Adviser Application are due to the State Office (with a resume) by December 9th. If you have any questions about the position, please feel free to contact Angie Ehlers, Lead SPOT Adviser firstname.lastname@example.org or Suzanne Martin, Board of Directors Chair and Career Leader Team SPOT Adviser at email@example.com
All chapter affiliation will be taking place through the National FCCLA Affiliation System. To enter your chapter information or affiliate students, please visit the National FCCLA Affiliation System. When you are completing anything within the Affiliation system, please make sure you are using a good internet connection. In addition, to ensure receipt of emails, make certain that emails are allowed to the email address you have on file. If you do not receive an email invoice upon completion, the most likely issue is the email being blocked by your school’s email system.
The 2019-20 Red Handbook is your one-stop-shop for all things Nebraska FCCLA. Print a copy for yourself and make copies available to your members. In here you will find due dates, information about chapter awards, and contact information for advisers and student leaders across the state.
Get the most up-to-date information by subscribing to the Nebraska FCCLA listserv.
Subscribe by emailing Kristin Vest at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chapter Adviser Webinars
On behalf of the Nebraska FCCLA Board of Directors, all Chapter Advisers are invited to participate in the new series of FCCLA webinars led by Nebraska FCCLA advisers. The webinars are scheduled for the first Wednesday of every month from 4:15-4:45pm Central Time via Zoom. The topics will change each month and advisers can add your own ideas based off questions that you might have. These webinars are designed for new and experienced advisers alike. If you have knowledge or ideas to share about a particular topic please join in!
Please see the attached calendar for a list of dates and topics. Recordings will also be made available on the FCCLA website. We hope many of you will be able to join us!
Time: 4:15 PM – 4:45 PM Central Time (US and Canada)
Location: Your desk, classroom or home!
2019-20 Upcoming Chapter Adviser Webinar Dates:
December 4, 2019 4:15 PM Central Time
|August 21||I have to do what? When? How? – New Chapter Adviser Q&A|
|Sept. 4||Program of Work 2019-2020|
|October 2||Competitive Event Changes and Ideas
Webinar was unable to be recorded.
|November 6||Program Awards Application Process|
|December 4||State Peer Officer/State Officer Candidates – How to help your students through the process!|
|Monday, January 6||FCCLA Week
|February 5||Ribbon Cascades – Awards
|April TBA …||Nationals Q & A|
- October Adviser Webinar
- November Adviser Webinar
- December Adviser Webinar
- January Adviser Webinar
- February Adviser Webinar – No recording. Notes and resources were shared with Chapter Advisers via the FCCLA listserv.
- March Adviser Webinar
Engaging Alumni & Associates
Engaging alumni of FCCLA can be a tremendous resource to your students as well as for yourself. These individuals can contribute their time and talents toward assisting with chapter events, competitive event preparation, and career exploration opportunities. Advisers and chapters should utilize the resources below to help connect with alumni in their area.
- New Adviser Session Resource
- 2018-2019 Nebraska STAR Events Handbook
- CTSO Code of Conduct and Medical Release Form
- What is FCCLA PowerPoint
- STAR Events Promotional Flyer
- STAR Events Informational PowerPoint
- STAR Events Cheat Sheet – Helpful for 1st Time Advisers and Members!
- FCCLA Adviser Academy Recap 2017
- So You Want to Be A…
- FCCLA Adviser Resources – Link to FCCLA Chapter Adviser Facebook Page Resources
- Your Future in FCS – FCCLA Fall Leadership Workshop Presentation from Sheree Moser, UNL Professor of Practice
- Medical Release Form
- NDE Image/Video Release Form
- Say Yes to FCS Lesson Plan
Nebraska Management Resources
- State Bylaws 2019
- State Operational Procedures – 2019 Revision
- FCCLA Conferences and Nebraska Career Readiness Standards Crosswalk
- STAR Events and Nebraska Career Readiness Standards Crosswalk
- National Programs and Nebraska Career Readiness Standards Crosswalk
- Summary of State Operational Procedure Changes -2017
- Nebraska FCCLA Special Needs Form – please complete if you have a student that requires food-related, physical or visual accommodations at a state-sponsored even