Chapter Management Resources
All chapter affiliation will be taking place through the National FCCLA Affiliation System. To enter your chapter information or affiliate students, please visit the National FCCLA Affiliation System. When you are completing anything within the Affiliation system, please make sure you are using a good internet connection. In addition, to ensure receipt of emails, make certain that emails are allowed to the email address you have on file. If you do not receive an email invoice upon completion, the most likely issue is the email being blocked by your school’s email system.
The 2019-20 Red Handbook is your one-stop-shop for all things Nebraska FCCLA. Print a copy for yourself and make copies available to your members. In here you will find due dates, information about chapter awards, and contact information for advisers and student leaders across the state.
Get the most up-to-date information by subscribing to the Nebraska FCCLA listserv.
Subscribe by emailing Kristin Vest at email@example.com.
Chapter Adviser Webinars
On behalf of the Nebraska FCCLA Board of Directors, all Chapter Advisers are invited to participate in the new series of FCCLA webinars led by Nebraska FCCLA advisers. The webinars are scheduled for the first Wednesday of every month from 4:15-4:45pm Central Time via Zoom. The topics will change each month and advisers can add your own ideas based off questions that you might have. These webinars are designed for new and experienced advisers alike. If you have knowledge or ideas to share about a particular topic please join in!
Please see the attached calendar for a list of dates and topics. Recordings will also be made available on the FCCLA website. We hope many of you will be able to join us!
Time: 4:15 PM – 4:45 PM Central Time (US and Canada)
Location: Your desk, classroom or home!
2019-20 Upcoming Chapter Adviser Webinar Dates:
Wednesday, March 4 4:15 PM Central Time
|August 21||I have to do what? When? How? – New Chapter Adviser Q&A|
|Sept. 4||Program of Work 2019-2020|
|October 2||Competitive Event Changes and Ideas
Webinar was unable to be recorded.
|November 6||Program Awards Application Process|
|December 4||State Peer Officer/State Officer Candidates – How to help your students through the process!|
|Monday, January 6||FCCLA Week
|February 5||Ribbon Cascades – Awards
|April TBA …||Nationals Q & A|
- October Adviser Webinar
- November Adviser Webinar
- December Adviser Webinar
- January Adviser Webinar
- February Adviser Webinar – No recording. Notes and resources were shared with Chapter Advisers via the FCCLA listserv.
- March Adviser Webinar
Nebraska Impact Fund
The Nebraska FCCLA Impact Fund was designed by the Nebraska Board of Directors to help Nebraska FCCLA Chapters that have experienced a hardship. This hardship can be any natural disaster, tragedy, or financial hardship that may limit a chapter’s ability to participate in statewide events. Chapters may submit an application for funds annually no later than May 1 of the current year. Chapters may apply for up to $500 or until all funds are dispersed. Applications will be reviewed by members of the State Officer Team and Board of Directors. Additional funds for the Nebraska FCCLA Impact Fund will be collected during the Miracle Minute held during State Leadership Conference.
Engaging Alumni & Associates
Engaging alumni of FCCLA can be a tremendous resource to your students as well as for yourself. These individuals can contribute their time and talents toward assisting with chapter events, competitive event preparation, and career exploration opportunities. Advisers and chapters should utilize the resources below to help connect with alumni in their area.
- New Adviser Session Resource
- 2019-20 Nebraska STAR Manual 2-5-20 UPDATE
- CTSO Code of Conduct and Medical Release Form
- What is FCCLA PowerPoint
- STAR Events Promotional Flyer
- STAR Events Informational PowerPoint
- STAR Events Cheat Sheet – Helpful for 1st Time Advisers and Members!
- FCCLA Participant with Accommodations Form
- This form should be completed if a student requires accommodations for competitive events or conference attendance.
- FCCLA Adviser Academy Recap 2017
- So You Want to Be A…
- FCCLA Adviser Resources – Link to FCCLA Chapter Adviser Facebook Page Resources
- Your Future in FCS – FCCLA Fall Leadership Workshop Presentation from Sheree Moser, UNL Professor of Practice
- Medical Release Form
- NDE Image/Video Release Form
- Say Yes to FCS Lesson Plan
Nebraska Management Resources
- State Bylaws 2020
- State Operational Procedures – 2019 Revision
- FCCLA Conferences and Nebraska Career Readiness Standards Crosswalk
- STAR Events and Nebraska Career Readiness Standards Crosswalk
- National Programs and Nebraska Career Readiness Standards Crosswalk
- Nebraska FCCLA Special Needs Form – please complete if you have a student that requires food-related, physical or visual accommodations at a state-sponsored even