Omaha Fashion Week
Over the last decade, Omaha Fashion Week has grown to the nation’s fourth largest fashion event! In addition to supporting more independent fashion designers than any other organization in the region, Omaha Fashion Week supports young fashion designers by providing mentoring, educational opportunities, and a professional platform to showcase work.
Nebraska FCCLA is still finalizing the details to participate in the Spring 2024 Student Night as part of Omaha Fashion Week during the Spring Show February 21-25, 2024 at the Omaha Design Center. The date for the Student Night will be finalized once designer applications for the show have been received and accepted. Nebraska FCCLA will communicate the final date for the 2024 event with applicants.
Guidelines for Participation
- Be a member in an affiliated Nebraska FCCLA chapter.
- Student must create/construct one complete outfit for modeling.
- Completed application, croquis, and pictures of the completed outfit (or elements that are complete) delivered electronically to the State Adviser (email@example.com) by Wednesday, November 15 at 5pm CDT.
- Pictures should feature the design being worn (face may be blurred) and may include front, back, and side views. If the design is not complete, pictures of fabric & design elements are appreciated.
- Applicants will be notified of their status to participate by December 1. There will be additional paperwork to complete once accepted to participate in the event.
- Agreement to attend and participate in live event as well as any additional event opportunities, which will require parent/guardian signatures for participants under 19.
- Student is encouraged to utilize a model provided by Omaha Fashion Week to get the full designer experience but have the option to self-model. Students may not bring another individual to model the garments.
- Selected applicants must display items and promote experiences with Omaha Fashion Week as part of the State Leadership Conference.
For more information about Omaha Fashion Week or to purchase tickets to this night or the entire week, visit https://omahafashionweek.com/