Virtual Fall Leadership Workshop
Monday, September 21, 2020
Purpose: Fall Leadership Workshop is designed to develop leadership skills and FCCLA knowledge for chapter officers, new members and chapter advisers! This is a professional development opportunity for YOU to learn more about FCCLA and your responsibilities as a Chapter Adviser. In addition, there will be great opportunities for networking with your fellow FCS teachers! Members do NOT have to be affiliated to attend, so advisers should consider this a membership recruitment event and the kickoff to our year!
State Officer Drop-In
If your chapter will be utilizing the planning time from 3-3:30pm CDT on the afternoon of Virtual FLW, the State Officer team would love to ‘drop-in’ and collaborate with your chapter! Complete this form to request a State Officer to drop-in during this time.
If you have any accessibility or viewing issues during the conference, please email email@example.com. We will respond as quickly as possible with the information/solution to help resolve your problem.
Chapter Leader Track Session Descriptions
If you’re not sure what sessions your Chapter Leader Track participants should attend, check out this Session Descriptions list to learn more about what will be covered in the Officer Training sessions as well as in the Build the Future or your Chapter with… session series.
Student Engagement Workbook
We created a Student Engagement Workbook for students to use as they participate in the conference; please use as you see fit! It can be printed & distributed, or you can use the digital version. Here is the link to make a copy of the Google Doc. Feel free to adjust the content to fit your needs!
Virtual Conference Etiquette
Participating in a virtual conference is probably a new experience for your students, but we want them to get as much from the day as possible! That means that they will need to be active participants in the live sessions (responding in the chat, contributing to the discussion, etc.) Please encourage them to adhere to the following participation guidelines:
- Be respectful of the presenter & other participants in the session; have patience for them in the virtual environment.
- Please keep the camera on & remain on mute until it’s appropriate to unmute (e.g. participation in discussion, working with others in a breakout room, etc.).
- Sessions will be recorded, so whatever is sent in the chat (even private messages), will be viewable by others.
- If a session you are trying to attend is full, please connect to the other session that is available.
- Bring the energy! Be an active participant in the sessions that you attend; step out of your comfort zone & grow from the experience.
Most importantly, there will be disruptions or things that don’t work as smoothly as anticipated. Be patient with the presenter as they troubleshoot the issue & do what they can to move forward with their session.
The Nebraska FCCLA Dress Code is strongly encouraged.
Here’s the link to the Conference Evaluation form. This will also be posted on the conference website, but wanted to provide it to you here as well.